means Female Fusion Network DMCC, an entity incorporated under the laws of United Arab Emirates, with email address [email protected];
are data files that are placed on your browsing device (computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet) and often include an anonymous unique identifier;
means any data relating to an identified natural person, or one who can be identified directly or indirectly by way of linking data, using identifiers such as name, voice, picture, identification number, online identifier, geographic location, or one or more special features that express the physical, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of such person;
means the website with URL https://femalefusionnetwork.com, owned and managed by the Company Female Fusion Network DMCC;
means this document containing all the privacy policies pertaining to the Platform;
is an individual member of the Fusion Circle;
Us/ we/ our
refers to the Platform domiciled in the United Arab Emirates and its affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities;
means the United Arab Emirates;
means a visitor to the Platform who is not a Registered User; and
refers to you as a Registered User or Visitor of the Platform.
Scope of Policy
(a) use of the Platform;
(b) collection of information;
(c) what we do with the information we collect;
(e) international data transfers;
(f) publishing content provided by you;
(g) behavioural advertising;
(h) opting out;
(i) data security;
(j) minors use of Platform;
(k) Google user data;
(l) data security incidents;
(n) comments and feedback.
Use of the Platform
Collection of Information
The Platform collects information in two (2) ways: actively and passively. We may collect information including personally identifiable information (your full name, email address, phone number) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g. aggregate statistics about what parts of our Platform are most popular).
Active information collection can include both personally identifiable information (e.g., your full name, address, mobile number, email address or similar information that is unique to you) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g., if we were to ask for your first name and a list of the top three things you like about our Platform).
Active information is collected from you if you are a Visitor or Registered User in the following manner:
1. Registration: You may register on the Platform for access to Fusion Circle for the term of your paid membership. The registration form requires you to submit the following personally identifiable information:
(a) full name, email address,
(b) create a private password,
(c) personal address and contact number, and
(d) credit or debit card number.
Upon successful Registration (this includes our acceptance of your registration request), you also consent to receive emails from us for the receipt of information, advertisement, and details relevant to your being a member of the Fusion Circle or to your use of the Platform. If you wish to opt out of receiving communications from us, please email us at [email protected] however please bear in mind that this may impact your notifications of events, updates and changes to the Platform.
2. Member directory: A Registered User may list her business on the Platform which may be searched for and viewed by other Registered Users and Visitors for the duration of the Registered User’s listing. Should you wish to use this feature, you will be required to submit the following personally identifiable information:
(a) under ‘basic directory listing’ your – company logo, company name and contact details; and
(b) under ‘premium directory listing’ your – company logo, company name, contact details, company’s social media links, customer reviews, company’s personal promotional videos, downloadable version of the company’s brochure, job listings.
3. Job listing – If you list a job opportunity for your organisation on the Platform, you will be required to upload the following information:
(a) job title, company name, company logo, contact number;
(b) job location and start date; and
(c) job description or other information in the comment box.
The Platform shall also collect the following data from other users (other Registered Users or Visitors) who wish to apply for the job listing, and the Platform shall share this information with you over email:
(a) applicant’s full name, email address, contact number;
(b) applicant’s personal address;
(c) applicant’s preferred date and time to be contacted by your company; and
(d) an optional personal message.
4. Events listing – If you list an event for your organisation on the Platform, you will be required to upload the following information:
(a) contact details;
(b) event title, location, date and timings;
(c) ticketing fee (if applicable);
(d) provide a third-party hyperlink to purchase or register for the event, as applicable;
(e) geographical location on google maps;
The Platform shall also collect the following data from other users (other Registered Users or Visitors) who wish to receive more information regarding the event listing, and the Platform shall share this information with you over email:
(a) applicant’s full name, email address, contact number;
(b) applicant’s personal address;
(c) applicant’s preferred date and time to be contacted by your company;
(d) an optional personal message; and
(e) applicant’s geographical location on google maps, if required.
5. Blog: Registered Users may upload a blog on the Platform by submitting the following information to us:
(a) full name, professional title, company name;
(b) your write-up for the blog post;
(c) your personal photograph, if applicable.
6. Newsletter: Registered Users and Visitors may subscribe to the newsletter by providing their full name and email address on the Platform.
7. Payments: You will be required to submit your credit or debit card number and CVV to process payments on the Platform via Stripe payment gateway. You may be required to upload a copy of your verifiable and legally issued identification documents (of yourself and the business you represent) for us to vet your purchases and verify your identity, which you consent to do, if requested. If you decline to verify your purchase or your identity, your payment may not be processed or accepted.
8. User content: any messages, comments, feedback posts, photos, videos, audio recordings, customer support communications and any other data submitted by you, or used to communicate with us on the Platform.
9. Events: you may need to provide information at the discretion of the Company including but not limited to Personal Data, feedback or comments to participate in certain events.
10. Email and communications: we may collect any messages, emails, chat box messages, or any other form of communication used to engage with you.
11. Survey data: any surveys, feedback, comments or questionnaires answered by you may be collected as part of research for the Company.
12. Social media content: any interactions including comments, pictures, posts or messages sent on our social media platforms.
13. Geolocation: you may allow the Platform permission to access your precise location which shall be used to provide personalised content or ads.
14. Contact us: You may contact us through the chat box available on the Platform which requires you to either log into your Facebook account or continue as guest and use Facebook Messenger plug-in available on the Platform. You may also send us an email at [email protected].
Passive information may be collected from Visitors and Registered Users. Passive information collection refers to instances in which we collect information from you that you have not actively provided. We may use special technologies to passively collect non-personally identifiable information from Visitors. These technologies allow us to collect certain kinds of non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to the type of web browser you use, Internet Protocol (IP) address, time zone, the date and time of your visit, the operating system you use, the specific pages you visit, the address of the website you visited prior to entering the Platform and the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Platform, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Platform, and information about how you interact with the Platform.
We do not link this passively collected information with personally identifiable information you have actively provided elsewhere on this Platform. We reserve the right to share with third-parties, including our business partners and advertisers, the anonymous (non-personally identifiable) aggregated information that we have passively collected via this Platform.
We collect information identified above, using the following technologies:
- Cookies: Cookies help us recognise you and your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions. We will ask for your permission to place Cookies or other similar technologies on your browsing device, except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested, for example, use of the Stripe payment gateway. You can disable Cookies or manage the Cookies you use on your browsing device at any time. The Cookies we use will only be accessed by us and shall not be accessed by any third-party.
- Google Analytics: This is a web-based analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and allows to analyse in-depth detail about the users on the Platform. We may be required to share certain information we collect on the Platform with Google which will be subject to Google’s policies as follows: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245;
- Google search bar (Google search console).
- Device and browser identifiers: any identifier we use to identify your device such as your IP address or an assigned user ID.
- Coarse Location tracking: an approximate of your device location.
- Your Browser and search history: any searches made on the Platform.
- Platform log and usage data: services and pages you interacted with the most, information related to our pages or your browser type.
- Advertising metrics: which advertisements have you interacted with and engaged with on our Platform.
Personal information we collect from elsewhere
Data collected is primarily from your interactions with the Platform, however we may also collect information from third-party sources. This includes but is not limited to your employer, your colleagues, business representatives, social media platforms, marketing and advertising providers, Fusion Circle affiliates and other Visitors of the Platform.
Visitor information may also be collected. Registered Users may provide Personal Data on Visitors for invites to events or other purposes.
What we do with the Information we Collect
The information we collect from you will only be used to:
(a) provide you with a better browsing experience on the Platform;
(b) help you conclude and verify the purchase you make on the Platform;
(c) provide you with the services available through the Platform;
(d) provide better and more accurate advertising and marketing material regarding events or other promotional offers;
(e) enforce our policies effectively;
(f) procure contextual and behavioural targeting for customised ads to benefit you;
(g) audit and count advertisement impressions and interactions;
(h) ensure quality and training to provide effective customer support and service;
(i) prevent fraud, illegal activity, detect security incidents and improve reliability of Platform;
(j) process transactions and decide eligibility for promotion or events;
(k) better communicate with you and provide related customer support; and
(l) to analyse data to improve the Platform.
We aim to collect Personal Data with your consent and to pursue a legitimate aim and the requirements of the Company.
2. We may use a function to automatically remember the information you use on our Platform for the following reasons:
(a) remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit;
(b) provide custom content and information; and
(c) determine the effectiveness of our Platform.
Who we share your personal information to
(a) Fusion Circle content providers,
(b) business services providers,
(c) Company representatives,
(d) Company affiliates,
(e) IT operations providers,
(f) Company professional advisors,
(g) marketing and advertising providers, and
(h) government entities where we are legally required to do so.
Your data is retained with us only to fulfil the necessary objectives for which it was collected for. This includes any legal, accounting, auditing or reporting obligations. To determine the duration of which your data will be retained is based on the amount, nature, sensitivity of the Personal Data and the potential risks which may come from the disclosure of such Personal Data. We aim to achieve our purposes without the use of your Personal Data to the extent possible. We also aim to limit and anonymize your Personal Data where it is used for analysing purposes which will be used without your prior consent.
We aim to maintain a secure and reliable Platform and practice security measures at our utmost capabilities to prevent unauthorised use, destruction, access, modification or disclosure of your Personal Data however we cannot guarantee this. We apply the common standards in addition to applicable laws on data protection.
International data transfers
Hala Jary is located in the UAE and operates on the basis of their laws on data protection. If you are not located in the UAE you acknowledge and understand your data might be processed with different applicable laws and protections than the country you are in. Any transfers of information are for our use and the use of our service providers in accordance with these terms, however we engage with high standards of security and privacy laws compliant with applicable laws.
Publishing content provided by you
Content posted by you on our social media, forums, blogs or chat boxes could be used for marketing or advertising purposes and be published. Information disclosed on such platforms may be collected, therefore it is your responsibility on the type of information you post. You may contact us to remove any specific content at [email protected]. although we cannot promise the removal of all traces of such information that is also subject to applicable laws relating to record retention.
We may use information we receive, to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of sharing information as follows:
- Targeted advertising by following these links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/615366948510230
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
- Cookies: Most web browsers accept cookies by default, it is your responsibility to alter these settings and decline any cookies by adjusting respective settings.
- Revoke access to email and social network accounts: Upon request, we may be able to provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data by emailing us at [email protected]. You may choose to disconnect your email account or unsubscribe from the Platform through your account settings. If you no longer have access to your browsing device, you may also contact your email account provider to revoke our access to your account or contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- Unsubscribing from marketing communications or mailers: If you receive marketing communication from us, you can email us at [email protected] and ask that we remove you from receiving marketing communications, or request to unsubscribe. We will cease all communication upon your request and unsubscribe you from the paid subscription provided that such request is received at least fourteen (14) days prior to the date of renewal of subscription. Please remember that if you opt out of receiving marketing communication only you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding your purchases on the Platform or for the purposes of daily correspondence with us.
Although we take reasonable steps to protect the personally identifiable information that you provide via this Platform, no system is 100% secure or error-free and neither is the Platform. We do not, and cannot, guarantee the security or accuracy of the information we gather. It is your responsibility to keep your passwords secure. We strongly recommend that you do not share your passwords with any third-party nor store or save them in a manner that may be easily accessed by a third-party. We take the protection of your information very seriously and employ measures through administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We encrypt all data in transit through secure socket layer technology (SSL), Sucuri Security, and Wordfence Security protocols, including hardware firewalls that are set up on the hosting side. We take reasonable precautions to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems but cannot guarantee these security measures will prevent third-parties from obtaining information by illegal actions or attacks.
This platform is not intended for use by children or minors
This Platform is not directed to and does not seek to collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen (18). Nevertheless, if a minor accesses the Platform for any purpose whatsoever, we reserve the right to ask for additional permissions and consents from the parent of the user. For the purpose of this Platform, minor refers to any user under the age of eighteen (18) years. The aforementioned permissions and consents may change from time to time, on our discretion.
We may process your Personal Data on the basis of contractual necessity to perform a contract we have with you or complete a purchase you have made or are making or are reviewing on the Platform. We may also process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests, including analytic reporting and improving the functionality of the Platform. For example, we have a legitimate interest in collecting information about your device hardware and operating system to better understand how users access and use the Platform. We also have a legitimate interest in providing and developing improved artificial intelligence algorithms to deliver better product features to our users. In some cases, we may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligations or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
We collect, use and are responsible for the Personal Data provided by you. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights in respect of your Personal Data and can exercise them as follows:
(a) Right to data portability: users located within the EEA may contact us regarding their Personal Data using the contact information below. Please note that we may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any Personal Data or account information.
(b) Right to restrict or oppose: where we rely on legitimate interests to process your Personal Data, you have the right to object to such processing by using the contact information below. Please note that some processing is essential to providing services on the Platform.
(c) Right to access, correct and rectify: you may access, correct and rectify their Personal Data through your account settings in the Platform.
(d) Right to delete: you may request deletion of any of your information collected and stored by us please contact us by email at [email protected].
(e) Right to opt-out/automated decision making: you may opt-out of sharing your information and profiling furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similar effects concerning you.
(f) Right to Revoke consent: for the purposes of European Union data protection legislation, we are the “data controller” of your Personal Data. You can contact us directly regarding the processing of your Personal Data by email at [email protected].
(g) Right to lodge a complaint: you may lodge a complaint regarding your concern with the respective authority.
Google User Data
(a) The Platform shall not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements;
(b) The Platform shall not allow humans to read this data unless we have your afﬁrmative agreement for speciﬁc messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the Platform’s internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and de-identified.
Data Security Incidents
Company shall notify the Registered User by email of any major or notable security incidents relating to breach of Personal Data belonging to the Registered User. Such notification shall be issued promptly upon Company being aware of such incident occurrence and shall be summarised with respect to its effect on the Registered User and if any corrective measures have been taken to the extent possible. The Registered User shall immediately undertake any proposed action by the Company. Any security breach not caused directly by our act or omission shall not amount to any fault or liability of the Company. Similarly Company is not responsible to you in instances where a report or response has or has not been issued, for reasons determined by Company.
Comments and Feedback
If you are interested in receiving electronic updates, alerts, and other information from us regarding this Platform, you must provide us with an email address. We may also ask for optional information, such as how you found us, to help us better serve you and other users in the future. We welcome your comments and feedback regarding this Platform and third-party services and functionalities to our email address [email protected] that permits you to send through your own email address, comments, and any other information you choose to include. Please remember that email is not secure, and we cannot provide you with any guarantees in this respect. You should carefully consider what information you wish to send to us through email or through this feedback option.
Last Updated in April 2023.